ILIA State University is one of the leading research and educational institute founded in 2006 by the merging of six different academic institutions with long and varied histories. Presently, over 30 other research institutes and laboratories are engaged in research and teaching at ISU. The university believes in practical and hands-on knowledge and experience of the students, and hence research and training continue to be constant at all levels of the university programs. ISU’s mission is based on three principles:
- Unity of Teaching and Research
- Unity of Liberal and Specialized Education
- Unity of Universal and Local
Meaning they believe in the internationalization of higher education. Faculties at ISU offer specific training and education to its students by taking a new and innovative approach towards teaching each time. They believe that education is always dynamic.
ISU has secured itself a respectable position amongst Georgia’s higher educational institutes for its contributions towards popularizing science and boosting entrepreneurial ecosystem of the country by actively carrying out social responsibility projects. The university now teachers around 17000 students with its 1500+ highly qualified academic and research staff members. With renovated research infrastructure all over the country, ISU has now become one of the most desirable universities to work and study.
The university is located at Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia. The university campus is well-equipped with modernized infrastructure and the best faculties. It’s a well-known modernized big city with a lot of opportunities and choices for all its tourists, local people, students and the immigrant community decorated with the classic Georgian heritage and European buildings touched by the sophisticated countryside style. It is the heart of Georgia and a centre of attraction for students and tourists.
Quality of Education
ISU is well equipped with several research partners, institutes, and faculties, to ensure its students the best education. Its modern infrastructure with well-equipped technology and facilities provides a seamless learning experience for its students.
Faculties at ISU
- Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Faculty of Natural Sciences and medicine
- Faculty of Business, Technology and Education
- School of Law
Courses offered at ISU
ISU offers a wide range of courses.
Bachelor Courses offered by ISU are as follows:
- Liberal Arts
- International Relations
- SOCIAL SCIENCES: Political Science, Sociology, and Psychology
- HUMANITIES: English studies, German studies, French studies, Slavic studies, History, Archeology, Art history, Film studies, Literature, Georgian philology
- Primary school pedagogyand Pre-school education
- Fine and applied arts
- Natural Sciences and Medicine
- Business Administration
Master’s courses offered by ISU are as follows.
- Addiction Studies
- Foreign Languages
- Political Science
- Communication and speech therapy
- Religious studies
- Art theory and practice and culture management
- Public Policy Administration
- Social work
- Philology in foreign languages
- Life sciences: Biopharmaceutics, Applied Genetics, Molecular Biosciences, Neurosciences, Food sciences
- Life Sciences: Applied Genetics
- Earth Sciences: Geology, Geophysics, Geography and Gis Technologies
- Natural resources
- Physics and Astronomy
Apart from these courses, the university also offers minor specializations on the following subjects:
- Liberal Arts;
- Social Sciences: political sciences, sociology, psychology and European studies;
- Preschool education;
- Fine and Applied Arts;
- Theatrical Arts: performing Arts
- Teacher Training Program
- Natural Sciences: physics
- Natural Sciences: biology, ecology
ISU is one of the most prestigious and highly ranked universities of Georgia consisting of the best faculties. The university’s location is a significant advantage for international students as its full of opportunities. Low living costs and affordable tuition fees and a top-notch education make ISU and an ideal choice for any aspirant.