West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov state university established in 1957, is one of the most outstanding educational, medical research diagnostic and cultural centres of Kazakhstan. The university owns several clinical units such as dental clinics, family medical clinics which delivers the best health care services to people.
The institute offers four specialties in the master’s training program and 24 specialties in residency as well. Apart from that, it also provides 29 specialties in advance training courses for aspiring physicians and nurses and 22 specialties which primarily focuses on individual professional retraining.
The university has signed memorandums of cooperation with other medical universities of Kazakhstan, the Russian Federation, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia, Italy, Poland, South Korea, Hungary and many others.
The university is located in the city of Aktobe. A town set in the western region of Kazakhstan is one of the largest cities in western Kazakhstan. It’s one of the most important cities for the country’s residents.
The town has an eclectic design with the new buildings, built side by side with the old buildings built during the Soviet era. The city’s full of historical monuments and structures and also is one of the most important industrial, business and cultural centres of the city. Due to the rapid growth of the town, it’s one of the best cities to pursue future education.
Quality of Education
The university’s infrastructure hosts several faculties and departments within itself. It has modernized laboratories, libraries and highly qualified faculty members who ensure the best education to its students. The university staffs actively engage themselves and the students in modern technologies and innovative approaches in the field of medicine and knowledge to provide its students with a better and more modernized learning experience.
Today, West Kazakhstan Marat Ospanov Medical University leads the field of medical research and is one of the major educational, scientific and medical institutes of Kazakhstan.
Departments at WKMOMU
- Department of Academic work
- Department of digitalization and process automation
- Department of scientific work
- Department of economics and planning
- Department of strategic development
- Department of Postgraduate education
- Department of Human resources
- Department of Social work and youth policy
- Operations Department
Courses offered at WKMOMU.
|Public Health||Medical and preventative work|
Apart from these, the university offers the following residency courses:
- Cardiology, including pediatric
- Gastroenterology, including pediatric
- Endocrinology, including pediatric
- Infectious diseases, including children
- Dermatology, including pediatric
- Psychiatry, including children’s
- Anesthesiology and resuscitation, including pediatric
- Cardiac surgery, including pediatric
- Neurosurgery, including pediatric
- Maxillofacial surgery, including pediatric
- Pediatric surgery
- Traumatology-orthopedics, including children
- Urology and andrology, including pediatric
- Ophthalmology, including children
- Otorhinolaryngology, including children
- Obstetrics and gynecology, including children
- general surgery
- Neurology, including pediatric
- Family medicine
- Clinical pharmacology.
- Must be at least 17 years of age.
- Must score 50% marks at least at 10+2
- Must clear NEET
- Must possess a valid passport
- Must have a medical certificate ensuring fitness
- IELTS/ TOEFL scores
Why West Kazakhstan Medical University?
With the location’s historical and economic value and the ease of studying, West Kazakh Medical university makes the perfect cut for students aspiring to be medical professionals. All the courses are offered in English by the institute. The living and tuition costs are relatively low.