SamarkandState Medical Institute is one of the oldest and the first medical Institute of Central Asia and Uzbekistan, founded in the year 1930. It’s officially recognized by the Ministry of higher and secondary specialized education of Uzbekistan.
This 90-year-old, medical education has a selective admission policy based on its entrance exams.
International medical aspirants from all around the world are welcome to apply for its entrance exams. The Institute apart from providing the best academic facilities to its students also provides them with other non-academic facilities such as library facilities, financial aids, scholarships, opportunity to study abroad through its exchange programs and many other administrative services.
The Institute has proved itself by continually contributing towards the medical science development of the country.
It implemented the credit-based module education system in its curriculum, thereby changing the entire face of it with changing times.
The Institute is located at Samarkand, one of the most beautiful cities of Kazakhstan. The city has been a centre of scientific development of the country with its distinctive Islamic culture and heritage.
The city of Samarkand offers the best learning ambience to its students with its fantastic culture and low and affordable living costs. Apart from being cheap and affordable, the city is one of the epicentres of the country for scientific development, thereby making itself one of the ideal places of medical professionals to be in, providing them with ample amount of opportunities for their career growth.
Quality of Education
Samarkand State medical institute ensures high-quality training of highly qualified medical personnel.
The Institute has produced thousands of highly qualified and trained medical healthcare professionals to date, working in the health care sector, all around the world.
Faculties at SSMI are constructive and always available for their student’s queries. With continuous assistance from the Institute’s beneficial faculty members, the students from Samarkand Medical institute tend to excel at what they do and more.
Institute’s rich material and technically advanced foundation of its infrastructure enable its students to have a seamlessly comfortable and easy learning experience. The facilities provided by SSMI easily qualifies as the best quality of facilities and educational experience for MBBS. The Institute consists of the following faculties and departments to ensure smooth functioning and delivery of education to its students.
Faculties at SSMI
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Higher Nursing
- Faculty of Medical Pedagogy
- Faculty of Training and Retraining Doctors
These faculties at SSMI are divided into the following departments.
• Obstetrics and gynecology – 1
• Histology, embryology and cytology
• Humanities and socio-economic sciences
• Propaedeutics of internal diseases
• Microbiology, virology, immunology
• Human anatomy, operative surgery and topographic anatomy
• Forensic medicine and pathological anatomy with a section biopsy course
• Medical biology and genetics
• Medical rehabilitation, physiotherapy and sports medicine
• Physiology and pathological physiology
• Military training and civil defence
• Internal Medicine – 1 and Phthisiology
• Internal Medicine – 2
• Surgical diseases – 1
• Surgical Diseases -2 and Urology
• Internal Medicine – 4 and Hematology
Eligibility for SSMI
For students to be eligible for SSMI, they must
- Qualify NEET
- Score 50% at 10+2 with PCB
- Be at least 17 years of age or more
- Hold a valid passport
- Clear the Institute’s internal entrance exams.
SSMI with its top-notch education, low tuition and living costs and a good city ambience simply makes a perfect cut to be an ideal choice of Institute for an aspiring medical professional.