About Semey Medical University:
Semey Medical University is one of the largest medical universities of Kazakhstan, with its hospitals and branches in different cities of the country. Established in 1953, SMU had only 360 students in the faculty of medicine. SMU has now grown into graduating 1000 highly trained doctors each academic year from various range of specialties that the university offers. As the number of faculties gradually grew, the number of students grew as well. The university aims to graduate highly qualified and trained health care specialists to help prosper the public health care sector. The university presently teaches around 3500 aspiring medical professionals with the help of their highly qualified faculty members who possess a significant amount of experience in the field of teaching healthcare.
Quality of Education:
The university offers a high-end medical education to its students and strives to outdo themselves in providing so. It offers various courses with the medium of instruction being English, Kazakh, and Russian. It provides its students with a conducive environment for a better learning experience. Students are regularly encouraged to perform extracurricular activities to help them grow professionally and mentally. Guest lectures, welfare programs, career counseling etc. are often organized by the institute to help students gather new information. The university has various departments and faculties for respective specialties, training and internships as well.
The university is located in the city of Semey in the east region of Kazakhstan. Semey town is situated on banks of the Irtysh River and covers an area of about 25000 sq km.
Facilities at Semey Medical University:
- The medical course developed in English which can be helpful for international students.
- Cost of living and low fee structure make students more comfortable.
- Moderate climate conditions throughout the year.
- Best teaching practices with more practical knowledge can help students to clear any entrance test in any country.
- Accommodation and mess facilities are available in university premises.
- After completion of Medical Degree, students can apply for Permanent Residency plan to settle in Kazakhatan.
- As the university is recognized by WHO and MCI, students can practice in India.
Faculties at SMU:
SMU has many different faculties to teach all the subjects in various departments.
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Faculty of Medicoprophylactical
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Public Health Care
- Faculty of Neurology
- Faculty of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Courses offered by SMU:
The institute offers the following of specialty courses on the Bachelor’s and Master’s level.
- General Medicine
Who are eligible to apply?
- Between the age of 17 to 25
- Score at least 50% in PCB at 10+2
- Qualify NEET
- Valid passport
SMU must be an ideal choice of institution for an aspiring medical professional as the university offers high quality, English medium education with more emphasis on practical experience. At Semey living costs are low, and yet the conditions are more than excellent. SMU should indeed be an ideal choice for any medical aspirants out there.
Career Inspiration Education
Career Inspiration is a leading overseas educational consultancy based in Hyderabad, India.