Learn about Georgia:
- The country is renewed for its fascinating history, majestic Caucasus Mountains, curative climate, healing mineral waters, national parks, and UNESCO world heritage sites.
- Tbilisi is the capital city of Georgia. Combining amenities of a modern lifestyle with rich history, traditions, and unique culture, Georgia is a prominent example of a trendy destination.
- Georgia strived to improve all aspects of its tourism, business, and higher education offering from the development of infrastructure to the enhancement of service quality into tourism, business and education sectors.
- Georgia is striving to become a regional financial center, inviting large transnational companies to open regional representations in Georgia and receive unique tax benefits.
- Tbilisi is one of the largest, oldest, and most historically significant cities of Western Europe, it is the business hub of Georgia and Eastern Europe.
- Students have the opportunity to explore the beauty that Tbilisi has to offer, as well as travel to many of the most popular destinations across Georgia.
Higher Education System of Georgia:
Programs of higher education in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) are offered at three levels
- Undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral studies – which are usually referred to as the three-cycle system (Bachelor program, Master program, and Doctorate program).
- Educational program in the institution of higher education during one educational year includes average of 60 credits. The educational program of first stage teaching (bachelor) consists of no less than 240 credits.
- The first stage of higher education may include an educational program of teacher training.
- The educational program of the second stage of teaching (master) consists of no less than 120 credits. Only bachelors or persons with degrees equalized with them have a right to study in a master’s program.
- Medical/dentist educational program is one-stage higher educational program that ends with awarding the academic degree of certified physician/dentist.
- Academic degree received after completing an educational program of a physician with 360 credits or dentist with 300 credits, is equalized with the academic degree of master.
- The third stage of studying (doctorate program) consists of no less than 180 credits. Only masters or persons with degrees equalized with them, have a right to study in doctoral programs.
Types of higher education institutions:
In Georgia, three types of higher education institutions are active:
- University – the institution of higher education which carries out higher education programs of all three stages and scientific researches.
- Teaching university – the institution of higher education which carries out higher educational programs/programs (except doctorate programs). Teaching university necessarily carries out educational programs of the second stage – master program/programs.
- College – the institution of higher education which carries out only first stage educational program of higher academic education. Obtaining of the status of the institution of higher education and implementation of the respective educational activity is possible only in case of authorization of higher education institution defined by the rules of authorization provision.
Courses available in Georgia:
- Medicine (MD Physician)
- Odontology (Dentistry)
- Nursing/Advanced Nursing Practice
- Public Health and Veterinary Medicine
Eligibility criteria for Indian Nationals
- University conducts Personal Entrance Test for the applicants
- NEET not required (For medical practice in India candidates need to qualify NEET)
- IELTS/TOEFL (Waiver for merit students)
- 60% above at 10+2 with PCB/Bi.PC or any graduate.
Georgia is fully compatible with international standards of education. Degrees offered by Georgian universities are recognized by across European countries and the USA.