AMA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
The AMA School of Medicine has two campus – in Makati (heart of Manila) & Cavite. The building in Makati is ten Floors and it shared with if AMA Computer College which was founded in 1980.
The School of Medicine is operational since 2008 when it was given permission by CHED to offer the Medical Program are offered in the Makati Campus.
Makati is the financial center of the Philippines; it has the highest concentration of multinational and local corporation in the country. Major banks, corporation, department stores as well as foreign embassies are based in Makati. The biggest trading floor of the Philippine Stock Exchange is situated along the city’s Ayala Avenue. Makati is also known for being a major culture and entertainment hub in Metro Manila.
With a population of 529,039 Makati is the 16th largest city in the country and ranked as the 41st most densely populated city in the world with 19,336 inhabits per square kilometer. Although its population is just half a million, the daytime population of the city is estimated to be more than one million during a typical working day because of the large number of people who go to the city to work, shop, and do business. As of end -2021, Makati had registered over 62,000 business enterprises, which are engaged in financial service, Wholesale/retail, services, real estate, export/ import and manufacturing.
- Name of School: AMA School of Medicine (Makati Campus)
- Address: 5486 South Superhighway, Co. General Tinito St, Bangkal MAKATI, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- Language of instruction: English is an official language in Philippines
- Distance from airport: 6kms from Ninoy Aquino International Airport, Manila
- Distance from embassy of India: 40 kms from Embassy of India in Makati, Manila
- Duration of course:
1) 5 years after class XII
2) 4 years after B.Sc. / College
- Time of Admission: Rolling Admission year around
- Session begins: Sep to Jan for 1st year international students
- Recognized by: CHED, WHO, Medical council of India (MCI) And also in more than 180 countries
- Merit Scholarship: Minor Financial assistance available to top 30% of the class.
- Placement: Under discussion with Hospital in Bahrain & India
HOSTEL AND LIVING CONDITIONS
The AMA School of Medicine has contact with Apartments and boarding houses located within 500meter radius for student which serve as its hostel. A range of housing options are available from non-air conditioned to air-conditioned rooms at prices ranging from 3,500 to 10,000 Pecos per month per bed on sharing basis.
There are plenty of eating places nearby. India food/Catering arrangements are made for student from India. Laundry arrangement are there for student
TRAINING HOSPITAL TIE UPS
The AMA School of Medicine has tie ups / affiliations with three hospitals for Clerkship (internship) and practical exposure for its medical student. These are:
- Pasay General Hospital
- AFP Hospital (Armed Forces of Philippines Hospital)
- Quiniro Hospital
There are over 1000 beds in these hospitals. There is a steady flow of patients providing an excellent training ground for student studying MD or MBBS. Students get ample structured exposure in this hospital.
Summer is from March to May. Monsoon is from June to October.Novermber to February is cool with fair and pleasant weather. Average day temperature, is 22.2 C to 31.6 C With humidity at 77 %
Manila International Airport has several international flights from many countries. It is the gateway of international flights to Philippines. In Manila Buses, Jeepneys, LRT, and taxis are readily available in getting around the city.
Located in Makati – the Central Business district of Metro Manila It is2.4 kms from the Embassy of India and 6.0 Kms from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Travel time to the Airport is 30 minutes and to the Embassy is 10 minutes by Taxi if the traffic is normal.
Career Inspiration Education
Career Inspiration is a leading overseas educational consultancy based in Hyderabad, India.